Photo Sharing Community - MyShutterspace

Way back in the day when NIKON first put out thier newest advanced digital fixed lens Camera (Coolpix 5700) yours truly owned such. When  I opened the box the camera came in, there it was... PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS. A very basic level of photoshop but none the less, it was well worth its wait in gold.

It was a really "solid" photo editing program (as PHOTOSHOP usually is...) with a bit of a learning curb attached to it. One would have to have a bit of patients in order to get use to it but once he or she figured out how it worked it was pretty easy from there on out.

I highly recommend the digital photographer ala newbie be wise to start with this prior to investing $1000+ on the Photoshop CS programs. You will be thanking yourself you did - Seriously!

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I got my first version of Elements with a scanner, and have lot looked back since. I have upgraded to versions 4, 5 and now 8. I use 8 with almost everything, but find version 4 is superior for making slide shows with music. I feel CS is a waste of money, as I would only use a small portion of its capability. I am a bit turned off by the practices of Adobe. Version 8 can with a rebate. I stapled the required proof of purchase to the proper form, yet Adobe say I did not include it. I feel they just trashed the forms so as to not have to pay out the rebates. Maybe next time I will think more about NX.

RSS

Featured Link

Sell Photos Online
Our free tips to earn some extra cash up to $2000/month by selling your digital photos online

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter Find us on FacebookSubscribe to Dphotojournal

Photography eBooks

Photography Posing Secrets
A resource for posing a model for the camera. Never be stuck for a pose again.

Digital Photography Secrets
Tricks and techniques for better images with your digital camera.

Learn Digital Photography
Learn how to quickly and easily start taking awesome photos with your digital camera, even if you are a complete newbie

Latest Activity

Anita Berghoef left a comment for jas saj
"Thanks very much for your swift :) and kind comments on the rope series, Jas. Much appreciated!"
17 minutes ago
Anita Berghoef commented on Beverley Pohlner's photo
Thumbnail

Botanical Gardens Hobart

"Lovely composition and reflection! The white bridge is popping out of the green."
18 minutes ago
Anita Berghoef commented on Beverley Pohlner's photo
Thumbnail

"How green was my Valley"

"There must be definitely something wrong with her... :-) Nice find and capture!"
19 minutes ago
jas saj commented on Anita Berghoef's photo
Thumbnail

Rope 3

"Brilliant details"
20 minutes ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by MyShutterspace.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service