Photo Sharing Community - MyShutterspace

Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a tripod or two if I can afford!

first one will be a light weight travel 1541T or anything similar to this. My camera is Canon 40D and my biggest or heaviest lens is 70-200 is ii. They come about just under 2.5Kg together. I tried the Gitzo 1541T which I love it. It is very, very light(very expensive too). and spec says load capacity is 8kg. I tried at a shop with my lens it is good with center column down. But with the center column erected it is shaky.

Can any of you give me any ideas about this or any similar ones plus a ball-head.(Photo cam, Markins Q3 or RRS?)

You Infos are highly appreciated.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

try this for travel light. I have Gitzo and this one.

http://www.feisol.net/rapid-tripods-traveler-tripods-c-1_11.html?os....
Hi Lalit,
Thanks for your time.
It sounds very similar to Gitzo 1541T, with less peice.
How do you compare it to the Gitzo one? It is even 2kg more load capacity.
I like it I use it for the travel.
That dosn't say much about comparision between GT1541T and CT-3441s!!!!!!!!!!!!
But Thanks anyway.
Thanks anyways you must be very busy.
Have you looked at buying a Canon wireless remote controller instead? I use them all the time for tabletop.
I bought one off eBay that is light weight and cost only £8.00. I was already aware that it was going to be sh*te, and i would get what i paid for. I wasnt suprised when i opened the box to find a tripod with plastic parts. It hardly manages to hold my 400D with a 90-300mm lens, i have to over adjust it to get it where i want it because when i let go it drops a few mm lol. Though for £8.00 it allowed me to take a few good shots of the moon (with alot of arsing about) and found that although i had a tripod i still had to use my remote control because it just wasnt as stable as a £35 + tripod. The one i bought was not a Gitzo, it was a totaly cheap ass nasty thing. lol
Hi All, Thanks for your inputs.
I am checking your suggestions.
I would like to get something good that I don't have upgrade it soon. I maybe don't mind a bit expensive one as long as it is a good one if it is not the best!
I already have a Manfrotto 728B. And I modified with a center column so I can use with a ballhead. It is a good tripod. Even though it has 3Kg max load capacity it is very stable for that load. But,
this is not real travel not real stable for rock solid. I bought this one years ago as one tripod and still works good. I had to replace one of the midle leg lock only.
Hi lalit,
Can you plase let me know how do you compare these two tripods. Handling, Stability and......
Any Idea bout GT 1541T and Feisol CT- 3441s????????????? Please help..
I bought GT1541T and Markins Q3 and RRS lens plate x2 and camera L plate. All good. Just a little bit of panning lock problem on ballhead Markins q3. Not too happy with that.

RSS

Featured Link

Sell Photos Online
Our free tips to earn some extra cash up to $2000/month by selling your digital photos online

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter Find us on FacebookSubscribe to Dphotojournal

Photography eBooks

Photography Posing Secrets
A resource for posing a model for the camera. Never be stuck for a pose again.

Digital Photography Secrets
Tricks and techniques for better images with your digital camera.

Learn Digital Photography
Learn how to quickly and easily start taking awesome photos with your digital camera, even if you are a complete newbie

Latest Activity

Kerrie Matthews added a discussion to the group 48 Hour Edit/Manipulation
Thumbnail

Cake Smash 25th April to 27th April

This is one of my 20 grandchildren she turns 1 tomorrow, as usual 2 entries and as many ne's as you would like See More
27 minutes ago
Kerrie Matthews replied to David Hoefer's discussion 'Winners Marketplace Challenge' in the group 48 Hour Edit/Manipulation
"thankyou for first"
38 minutes ago
Beverley Pohlner commented on Beverley Pohlner's photo
Thumbnail

oils and water

"Thank you Frank, Vjeko, and Stephanie."
1 hour ago
Stephanie Alexandra replied to Stephanie Alexandra's discussion 'Weekly Challenge "NATURAL BOKEH" Apr, 21st to Apr 28th' in the group Weekly Challenge
"Such colorful bokeh - beautiful entry Vera!"
1 hour ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by MyShutterspace.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service