Photo Sharing Community - MyShutterspace

Has anyone other than me noticed that when you save a photo as a jpg or even a tiff file in photoshop that the result ends up having more noise. I found even taking a screen shot in photoshop and pasting it into Microsoft paint produced a better final result even though it was significantly lower in resolution. I've come up with a solution  that involves saving it as a psd file then using fotomatrix to save as a jpg. Has anyone else have a technique that they found work for them?

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know then because I alway used to save  in photoshop quality set at 12 and never noticed it maybe somethings wonky with my software.

I will take a look into that. This usually only shows when I've done a lot of cooking of the image boaderline too much, Thank you Wayne for the advice . 

Photo shop(cs5) is the best I found,First i always open raw files into cs5,adjust then convert to jpg with quality 12.Then i tweak back and forth from adobe PS Lightroom to cs5. i try to stay away from Corel paint shop x2 and x4 or i have to convert to bmp or png witch looses photo EXIF. This is the best technique i found for me.

Yes I too start with cs5 and ajust in raw fixing abbreviations and noise, white balance, contrast and sharpness then move on to photoshop for a smart sharp and fine tune curves check color balance and sometime i will play with blending layers I've even used topaz plugins but found its was risky if the image was too cooked. Then i found photomatix does a good job of removing any final noise. 

RSS

Featured Link

Sell Photos Online
Our free tips to earn some extra cash up to $2000/month by selling your digital photos online

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter Find us on FacebookSubscribe to Dphotojournal

Photography eBooks

Photography Posing Secrets
A resource for posing a model for the camera. Never be stuck for a pose again.

Digital Photography Secrets
Tricks and techniques for better images with your digital camera.

Learn Digital Photography
Learn how to quickly and easily start taking awesome photos with your digital camera, even if you are a complete newbie

Latest Activity

Janet Lucha commented on Janet Lucha's photo
Thumbnail

Rockefeller Park Cultural Gardens

"Thank you for your kind words. This area used to be called "Millionaires' Row" back in the early to mid 1900s. Unfortunately it went through a great deal of disrepair, but Cleveland is trying to revive the area. This was…"
34 minutes ago
Janet Lucha commented on Janet Lucha's photo
Thumbnail

Sunset at the Lake (or the "Revenge" pic)

"I have a similar one from 2 years ago at Walnut Beach, but no.... This was taken last night. You can tell by the waves."
42 minutes ago
Joe Machuta commented on Boris Jakešević's photo
Thumbnail

Duomo

"great architectural detail"
1 hour ago
Joe Machuta favorited Boris Jakešević's photo
1 hour ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by MyShutterspace.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service